While Winter Break is often a much needed time to recharge and unplug for students, administrators, and faculty – it can also be a great time for universities to engage in both fun and useful ways to keep students engaged and also prepare for the spring semester.
Here are ideas of how you can leverage your student mobile app over the holidays to communicate and maintain student engagement while also starting students off on the right path for the spring semester. We have broken these suggestions out into the four key communication types that are available in the ClearScholar application.
Push Notifications: Utilize push notifications to alert students of the most pressing, top of mind topics and drive them to the app where they can explore additional content.
- Reminder to students the day before classes reconvene for the spring semester.
- Notification when all grades are officially posted from the fall semester.
Announcements: Utilize announcements to keep students aware of logistics on campus and any major changes.
- Share building, resident hall and cafeteria openings/closings for winter break.
- Updates to technology for the second semester.
Polls: Utilize polls to inform university programming and priorities as well as a fun way to engage with students.
- Ask students about their favorite moments of fall semester.
- Learn about what students goals are for spring semester and what they would like to see more of from the institution.
Events: Utilize events to communicate both on campus, off campus, and online events.
- Add spring events to generate excitement about the upcoming semester.
- Add any holiday celebrations occurring on campus for nearby or commuter students.
- Promote any online learning and training events being offered over the winter break for students to prepare for spring semester success.