Product Update - Released On - 04/19/18
At Civitas learning we take the initiative to ensure our products comply with the Web Content Accessibility (WCAG) Guidelines 2.0 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards. The latest Degree Map release includes design updates for accessibility compliance. Although significant functionality and workflow have not changed, there is a different look and feel to our pages.
- Text Update: Text within Degree Map has changed to an accessible font type called Roboto.
- Higher Contrast: Blue clickable areas on the Profile, Degree Progress, Explore Degrees, and Explore Careers pages now have higher contrast for an accessible viewing experience.
- Course Status Changes: Easy to read black and white Course Status text combined with colored status sidebars will help users quickly identify Complete, In-Progress, Planned, and Registered courses.
Explore Degrees: Dropdown Updates
To alleviate confusion surrounding the inability to actually “claim a certificate” within Degree Map, we’ve changed the text in the Compare Degrees dropdown to read Minors, Majors, and Certificates.
A user is now able to select multiple programs for a major or a minor when they are comparing potential degree plans.
Explore Degrees: General UX Updates
- Degree Map: The alert that appears on the top of the page to notify the user to refresh their page for new audit data now matches the Degree Map design pattern. This alert will only appear if there is different audit data. If there are no changes to the audit, the alert notification will not appear.
- Asynchronous Explore Degrees Data: A Degree Map user is now able to navigate away from the Explore Degrees page without having to wait for the potential new plan data to calculate.
- If a user navigates away from the Explore Degrees page while it is calculating results, a notification will appear at the top of the Degree Map page (any page the user is on) when the potential new plan is ready. The notification will read, "Your Potential Degree Plan is Ready. . ." and will allow the user to navigate to the Explore Degrees page by clicking "View Plan.”
- If the user remains on the Explore Degree page while the page is calculating results, there is now more focused "Calculating..." messaging that displays so that the user knows the system is processing and that there is not an error.