Types of Content
- Announcements are meant to alert students of ongoings or news around campus or to nudge them to a certain action or behavior. The ability to add a link makes them great for anything that requires a call to action. Announcements are typically the most common type of content posted.
- Example: Visit the Career Office to prepare for the upcoming career fairs. Provide a call to action to schedule an appointment.
- Example: A unique campus event is being held in the next few days.
- Polls are used to gauge students interest or satisfaction around campus or to nudge students towards a thoughtful mindset.
- Example: An Admin is planning an event and wants to know if students would prefer bowling or skating.
- Example: An Admin is creating a new campus resource and needs to know where students typically buy their textbooks.
- Example: An Admin wants to create belonging and sense of belief, utilizing growth mindset (I.E. As you reflect back on semester, who do you most want to thank and what exactly would you thank them for?)
Events are used to add any campus events or activities. Events can be manually created as well as automatically pulled in via RSS Feed. Persona-driven Events will appear on both the For You section of the Feed tab as well as on the Events tab. Events sent to all users will only appear on the Events tab.
Example: Universities can use Events to publish the Athletics calendar.
Example: A student organization is holding a philanthropy event.
Notifications are high priority announcements. These will alert the students immediately via a push notification (in the case the student has push notifications turned on). Notifications can also integrate to campus emergency systems.
Example: Tomorrow is the last day to submit financial aid applications.
Example: Sending a Happy New Year note to all students.
Content Ideas & Examples
Tuition Due Upcoming
Midterms Coming Up
End of Semester
Don’t forget you can register for classes until X date
Details for graduation ceremonies
Don’t forget Residence Halls close on X date
Alternate meal plan available over break
Breaks (Fall, Winter, Spring, MLK, etc)
Don’t forget Res Halls open on X date
Don’t forget to connect any new gadgets to wifi
Important Event Updates
Where You Can/Can’t Park on Game Day
What You Can/Can’t Bring to the Concert
Promote and link to surveys
Last-Minute Changes of Location
Last Minute Reminders
Tuition is Due Today
Last Day to Pick up Graduation Gowns
Class Registration ends tonight at midnight
Growth Mindset / Nudging
Campus Experience (Private Responses)
How is Wifi working
Rate the cafeteria food
Are textbooks affordable
Student Happiness (Private Responses)
Are you satisfied with your major
Are you satisfied with your grades
Are you involved in a student group/organization
Do you feel like you fit in here
How many hours a week do you study
How many events do you go to a week
How excited are you for X event
How do you spend your weekends
How can you best prepare for finals week
What distance are you traveling over winter break
<50, 100-250, 250-500, 500-1000, >1000