The Civitas Learning team highlights the most recent functionality across all products, along with tips to help you get the most out your tools.
Whether you are a new user or a seasoned expert — watch the video to hear about the latest updates and click below to find product resources designed to help you take action with these new features, and to join fellow Civitas Learning institutions in discussions about best practices to help more of your students succeed.
Watch Time: 4 minutes
Develop Strategies for Managing Persistence
Enhancements Around Powerful Predictors
We have made enhancements around Powerful Predictors in Illume to help student success leaders and practitioners find unseen patterns around the factors that are significantly impacting your students’ likelihood to persist.
- Click here to learn more about the updates to Powerful Predictors
- Join the discussion: What are 3 commonly used powerful predictors at your institution, and how are these helping you think of more personalized ways to engage your students?
- Explore Illume product resources designed to help you take action to help students persist
Measuring the Efficacy of Initiatives
Avoid Errors when Analyzing initiative impact
Institutional research and decision support teams may sometimes run into large calibration errors in an Impact analysis, which could indicate inaccurate results. Now users will see a warning message on the initiative detail page so that it’s easier to catch those errors and provide the ability to verify results.
- Click here to learn how the new warning message work
- Join the discussion: What do you always check for in your initiative data before uploading it to Impact to ensure the most accurate results?
- Explore Impact product resources design to help jumpstart your initiative analyses
Holistic Advising & Educator Collaboration
Inspire for Advisors & Inspire for Faculty
See Nudges Sent to Students from Illume
Implementing effective student success strategies realistically requires coordination and visibility between key stakeholders who are interacting with students. We have introduced the ability in Inspire for Advisors and Inspire for Faculty for educators to see nudges sent to students in their caseloads or sections from administration or leaders in Illume.
- Click here to learn how nudges show up in Inspire for Advisors and in Inspire for Faculty
- Join the discussion: How do you coordinate outreach to students with other individuals and/or teams across the institution?
- Explore Inspire for Advisors and Inspire for Faculty product resources designed to help you prioritize student outreach and support
Persistence Predictions Now Available
Advisors, student support personnel, and success coaches use knowledge about their students to identify the best way to help them on a daily basis. Inspire users now have access to a persistence prediction - an advanced signal of the likelihood of each of your students to stay enrolled at your institution.
- Join the discussion: How does your approach to engage a student differ based on their persistence prediction?
Personalize Content Feeds for Student Personas
People engage when they see something that is relevant to them based on their interests or when they’re trying to accomplish a specific task- especially students. In ClearScholar, we have introduced the ability to populate RSS and social feeds based on personas so that you can increase the level of personalization you’re creating for your students.
- Click here to learn how to create personas to personalize content to students
- Join the discussion: What are some strategic student personas you've created at your institution and how are you personalized mobile nudges/content to them?
Search for Open Educational Resources In-App
Institutions are constantly trying to address challenges around affordability of higher education and student’s ability to make effective financial choices to reach their goals. We have introduced the ability to filter for courses that offer Open Educational Resources as students build out schedules in College Scheduler.
- Join the discussion: What information are your students using to narrow down their course selections to build their schedules?
- Explore College Scheduler product resources designed to help you streamline scheduling and drive student adoption
Courses & Requirements Information to Enhance Planning
A big part of making the academic planning process more productive and successful is ensuring students and advisors have the relevant information consolidated and accessible in one place as they’re making decisions. We have made enhancements in Degree Map to surface the most up-to-date information about courses, planning processes or requirements.
- Click here to learn how this critical information is shown in Degree Map to help students plan
- Join the discussion: How are you using the "Degree Progress" tab in Degree Map to help your students craft academic plans — not just for the immediate term, but future terms?
- Explore Degree Map product resources designed to help you enrich advising conversations with students