TABLE OF CONTENTS
Under Students, navigate to Student Groups and click Create Group.
Based on your role in Inspire, you may not have the option to create groups.
You can create two types of groups.
- A Dynamic Group is populated by the system, based on the criteria that you select.
- A Static Group is a group you populate manually with a group of individually selected or uploaded students.
Create a Dynamic Group
Navigate to the student table and click Create Group.
Click Dynamic Group.
A Dynamic Group is populated by the system, based on the criteria that you select.
- Name your group.
- Choose your criteria.
- Click Create to finish.
When you click Create, the system will populate your group according to the options you chose, and you’ll be directed back to the student table.
Create a Static Group
A Static Group is a group you populate manually with a group of individually selected or uploaded students.
Create a Static Group by selection:
- Select a group of students by checking the boxes next to their names and click Create Group.
- Click Static Group, give your group a name, and click Create to make a group of the advisees you selected.
Create a State Group by upload:
- From the Groups page, select Create Group and click the option for Static Group.
- Select the toggle to create from uploaded students and click the upload list button to upload a file that contains a list of Student Ids to create a Static Group with those students. Note: When formatting your file for upload, you do not need to include a column header.
- A green checkmark next to the file name will appear once your list has successfully been uploaded. Next, name your group and click Create.
- A group will be created with all matched Student Ids. Additional students can be added or removed individually once the group is created.
Click the Groups tab to see an overview of all of the groups you’ve created.
Favorite groups by clicking the star icon next to the group name. Update the sharing status of a group by clicking the lock icon. Shared groups will be shared with all Director and Advisor+ users within the SSU which this group is being shared. Note: Shared groups are not shared with users that have the Advisor role.
Use the filters on the left to view groups that you created or groups that have been shared with you or to find a specific group type.
Links above the group table allow you to create, delete, refresh, download, and message groups.
The group download includes the group names, types, date last updated, number of members, and sharing status.
Review/Edit Group Criteria
From the Groups dashboard, click the row with the name of the group you would like to view.
This will open the group details page where you can see students included in this group. You can also:
- Edit the name of the group
- View who has shared access to the group
- Add/remove column data
- Complete "Actions:
- Edit Group Criteria - use this option to view/edit the filters that have been applied
- Save Columns/Filters
- Delete, export, or message group members