View your student list
Click the Dashboard button in the top navigation bar from any page to return to your full student list. The Dashboard includes filter options at the top of the page and a student list beneath the options. Depending on your institution’s configuration, the student list may include only the students that you are advising this term, a subset of all students, or a full list of all students.
Note: When a new user logs into Inspire for Advisors for the first time using single sign-on, their account is created. If that user account is tied to a group of students (e.g. the new user is an advisor who has a group of students assigned to them), that user will not see their assigned students until Civitas application data is refreshed. Since Inspire for Advisors refreshes data daily, a new user should expect to see their assigned students within a day from their first login.
Start by deciding whether to view enrolled students, unenrolled students, or all students:
- Enrolled students will include students who are enrolled in the current term.
- Unenrolled students will include students who are not enrolled in the current term but who were enrolled in any term within the past year.
- All students will include all currently enrolled students and students who are not enrolled in the current term but who were enrolled in any other term within the past year.
Only enrolled students will be shown by default. Remember that this may be all currently enrolled students at the institution or all currently enrolled students you have permission to view based on your institution's configuration. Switch the view by clicking the button labeled 'Enrolled students.'
Select 'All students' or 'Unenrolled students' and the list will automatically update.
The persistence prediction will be unavailable for unenrolled students and you'll see a gray prediction icon in the Persistence Probability column. Because there is no prediction for these students, you will be unable to filter by persistence prediction bucket.
If a student is enrolled in undergraduate and graduate level courses, he or she will have two student detail pages. As a result, the student will appear twice in the student list. The academic career associated with each student detail page will be listed in parentheses to the right of the student’s name (e.g. Smith, Alexander (Graduate)).
If there are multiple pages of results, click through the page numbers found at the bottom of the page or click 'Next' to the right of the page numbers.
Search for specific students using the box labeled 'Student Search' in the top right of the page above the navigation bar.
Sort and narrow down the student list
The student list gives you a quick view of important student characteristics. The list is sorted by persistence probability by default. The characteristics include:
- Student name (Last, First)
- Enrollment status this term
- Persistence probability
- Date and direction of change in persistence probability
- Cumulative GPA
- Last enrolled term
- Next enrolled term
- Assigned advisor(s)
- Date of last outreach
Sort the list to view characteristics across the entire student population. Use filters to narrow down the list and view only those students meeting certain criteria of interest.
To sort your entire student list, click one of the characteristics above the student list. The list will refresh with that characteristic determining the list’s organization.
Filter your student list by persistence probability bucket:
- Click the checkbox to the left of the persistence probability bucket you’d like to review. You can select as few or as many as you would like.
- The student list will refresh to display only students in those persistence probability buckets.
- You can click specific student names for more targeted review or you can continue to narrow down the student list using additional filters.
You are able to further narrow down your student list by applying filters from within the Dashboard. Filters can be applied by clicking the Additional Filters button beneath the persistence probability buckets.
Narrow down your student list using filters:
- Click the Advanced Filters button to view available filter options.
- Select filters of interest. Scroll through the categories and add as many filters as you would like.
- Click Clear to the right of any filter category to eliminate your selections for that category.
- After selecting filters, click the Apply Filters button to refresh the student list to include only the students meeting the selected filter criteria.
The updated student list will appear and the filter options will collapse. The selected filter criteria will remain visible beneath the persistence probability buckets.
Modify your filter selections
- Click the “x” button to the right of any filter name to delete filter selections or click the Advanced Filters button to expand the filter selections to add more filters.
- Click the Apply Filters button to refresh the full student list.
- Click the Reset button to return to your full student list.
The filter categories included by default are:
Students whose personalized Inspiration factors include any factor(s) among the selected categories.
Students whose personalized Intervention factors include any factor(s) among the selected categories.
Students assigned to the selected advisor(s).
Students who are currently enrolled at the selected campus(es).
Students who are enrolled in the selected degree program(s).
Downward Probability Shift
Students who have experienced a downward persistence probability shift during the specified time period: 1 day, 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, Any.
|Upward Probability Shift||Students who have experienced an upward persistence probability shift during the specified time period: 1 day, 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, Any.|
Enrolled Next Term
Students who have or have not enrolled in courses for the next term(s).
Expected to Graduate
Students who are enrolled in their final term and are expected to graduate.
Students with GPAs in the specified range: <2.0, 2.0 - 2.5, 2.5 - 3.0, 3.0 - 3.5, 3.5 - 4.0.
Students who are enrolled in the selected academic track(s).
Students who are either new to the institution this term or continuing after previous terms of enrollment.
See the count of students within each filter to the right of the filter name. This count will include students meeting the filter criteria who you are authorized to see in Inspire for Advisors.
Actual filters displayed in Inspire for Advisors will vary by institution.