In this update:
- Advisors can now create walk-in hours alongside scheduled advising slots! We’re also adding more flexible ways to record how advisors meet with students with a new appointment modality field.
- Students will be able to see both appointments and they can schedule in advance and walk-in hours for drop-in appointments to make it easier to connect with an advisor within their schedule.
What you’ll see:
- Walk-in Hours: Walk-in Hours are created similarly to creating Scheduled Appointment Slots on the Calendar. Select a portion of the day by clicking and dragging the mouse, or click the Create button.
- Walk-in Appointments: An Advisor can create a walk-in appointment in the Calendar.
- Interaction Types, Appointment Types, and Appointment Modalities: For more flexibility and to see patterns in your reporting, we are transitioning to using three fields in place of one: Interaction Type, Appointment Type, and Appointment Modality.
- Interaction Type: The Interaction Type on the Advising Note is intended to document the interaction that led to the note being created.
- Appointment Type: The Appointment Type on the Calendar and the Advising Note is intended to record whether an appointment was a scheduled appointment or a walk-in appointment using this new Walk-in Hours feature.
- Appointment Modality: The Appointment Modality on the Calendar and the Advising Note is intended to record how the appointment was conducted, and the same list is available for both Schedule Ahead and Walk-in appointments.
- Reports: Interaction Type is available as a filter and column on the Advising Note report. Appointment Type and Appointment Modality are available as filters and columns on the Appointments and Advising Note reports. These reports can be used to more flexibly understand how Advisors are meeting and interacting with Students.
New Walk-in Form
Interaction Type, Appointment Type, and Appointment Modality on the Advising Notes
Interaction Type, Appointment Type, and Appointment Modality on the Advising Notes Report