Students appear in the product either as Active or Inactive, depending on the criteria detailed below. Students that fall outside of either category are considered Deactivated and no longer appear in the product. These criteria are the default criteria for how students appear in the product. Some institutions have implemented changes to these criteria, and so may have slightly different definitions in practice.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a live term (i.e., a term that is currently in progress)
- Incoming admitted students who are not yet enrolled for a future term and are within one year of being admitted
- Incoming admitted students enrolled in a future term
- Students who were previously registered for a section in a term that was active in the last 3 calendar years, but who are not currently enrolled in a live term
- This does not include students who have not completed a term, and who have dropped all classes without a W on their enrollment record
- Note that 3 years is the default time period, but has been changed for some institutions.
- All other students no longer considered Active or Inactive
- Students who have not completed a term, and who have dropped all classes without a W on their enrollment record are considered Deactivated
- Students who have been admitted, but who have not been enrolled in a term after one year are considered Deactivated
Note: these students do not appear within the product.